From SAASYAN docs
The Assure overrides function can be exposed through learning management systems (LMS) that support the LTI standard.
LTI Integration with Canvas
Canvas is a cloud-based LMS and Assure can be integrated with it.
The requirements are:
- Access to Canvas LMS as admin
- A new access token (API key) with no expiration (can use the same admin user)
- AD integration so Teachers and Students login using their domain accounts
The integration steps are:
- An Assure admin needs to create a new LTI Consumer via Assure having a specific name and key. A new secret will be generated
- The LTI configuration XML file needs to be built or generated using the XML Config Builder by Canvas (https://www.edu-apps.org/build_xml.html)
- Saasyan Assure needs to be added in Canvas as an external app using the XML along with the consumer key and secret. An admin can go to Admin -> Settings -> Apps to add an External App
- Assure can then be launched from within Canvas from every course page and teachers can create a web override rule that applies to students enrolled in that particular course